Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu

*
Everyone has a lot to say about Alice Franklin, and it’s stopped mattering whether it’s true. The rumors started at a party when Alice supposedly had sex with two guys in one night. When school starts everyone almost forgets about Alice until one of those guys, super-popular Brandon, dies in a car wreck that was allegedly all Alice’s fault. Now the only friend she has is a boy who may be the only other person who knows the truth, but is too afraid to admit it. Told from the perspectives of popular girl Elaine, football star Josh, former outcast Kelsie, and shy genius Kurt, we see how everyone has a motive to bring – and keep – Alice down. -Goodreads


*Received via NetGalley, Macmillan Children's Publishing, and Jennifer Mathieu for honest review*

This book was a little bit darker and more deep than what I expected, but it was a good read. It showed just how much and how quickly rumors can spread out of control. Also, that words do hurt, sometimes even more than something physical would have. This book was also a good reminder to me of how much I don't miss high school! haha Not that my high school experience was anything like this. 

Throughout this book, in the perspective of these other four high schoolers, we learn who Alice Franklin is, the real Alice. I enjoyed switching between the characters, which I usually don't, but it just felt right with this book. 

I especially loved Kurt, since I can't help but love nerds. haha He also is the only character that is honest, and someone who I would want to have as a friend. 

I was also really happy with how this book ended, it felt almost bitter sweet in the ending, and was just perfect for me, and the mood I'm in now. I would definitely recommend checking it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment