Friday, March 21, 2014

The Liebster Award


I'd like to shout out a big thank you to Emily @ Follow The Yellow Book Road for nominating me for The Liebster Award! Thank you so much for thinking of me!

The Liebster Award was created to help bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and now it is my chance to recognize some of the smaller blogs that I follow and enjoy. 

The Rules
1. Make sure to link back and thank the person who nominated you
2. List 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
4. Ask 11 new questions to 9 new bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers, and you can't nominate the person that nominated you).
5. Let them know they've been nominated by posting a link on their blog


11 Facts About Myself

1. My middle name is Ann
2. I have a dog named Thor (Thunder-Buns is his nickname)
3. I got engaged to my husband after only 5 months of dating (Most people thought I was crazy, but I just knew what I wanted! haha).
4. My nickname growing up was Cookie Bear (apparently I named myself this when I was 2 and it's never left me, my family still calls me either Cookie Bear, Cookie, or just Cooks). 
5. I have a 20 pound rabbit named Bear, and two cats, Bella and Zoe. 
6. I've lived my whole life in Oregon and the farthest from home I've gone is to Yellowstone National Park. 
7. I love the outdoors. Fishing and hunting are just as fun to me as reading a good book. 
8. I have 2 brothers, an older brother who is 3 years old than me and a younger one who's almost exactly a year younger than me. 
9. I had back surgery when I was 11. (This was a huge turning point in my life, especially for my falling in love with reading. For the year or so leading up to my surgery I couldn't do a lot, so I just read lots and lots of books to pass the time). 
10. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19. (Honestly, I was just too scared that I was going to fail the test, so I never took it. I did fail the first time I took the drive test, but it really motivated me to get better and pass it the next time cause it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be). 
11. I'm a horrible artist. I can't even draw stick figures. 

Emily's Questions
1.If you could meet one book character who would it be and why?
Hagrid, besides the obvious fact that he's amazing. I'd like to meet him because I feel like he'd be a good friend to have, not only to help you out when times are bad, but to enjoy the good times swapping stories.

2. How did you pick you blog's name?
The Elysian Fields, or Elysium, was the Ancient Greek's version of afterlife for the virtuous and heroic. I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I chose this as my blog name. I love Homer and Virgil and Greek and Roman mythology really interests me. If I had to find a deep meaning for it though, I cause it would be that The Elysian Fields were a paradise, and I want this blog to flourish and be enjoyed. 

3. What is your favorite social media website?
I am hopelessly addicted to Facebook. 

4. What is the first book that you remember reading?
The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. My dad taught me how to read using this book, so it's always meant a lot to me. As far as the first I read all by myself, that probably would have been one of the Frog and Toad books, cause I was in love with those as a kid, although to be honest, I could probably spend hours reading them today. haha

5. Who is your favorite villain?
I'm not sure if he's really considered a villain but Draco Malfoy. I love his character because I feel like he was so conflicted and had so many different layers, and that his story could have been completely different if even a few aspects of his life were changed. 

As far as super evil villains, Voldemort is going to win every time, cause he's just plain scary. 

6. What language(s) do you speak? 
English and very horrible,and probably barely understandable French. 

7. What language(s) do you wish you could speak?
I've always been fascinated by dead languages, so I'd love to learn any of them, such as Sanskrit or Latin. 

8. How long have you been blogging for?
This is my first blog and I started it about a year ago. I was horrible at updating at first and couldn't think of how I wanted to write, but it's gotten easier and funner as times gone on. 

9. How do you decide what to read next?
I have a to-read stack of books, and I tend to put the books I want to read at the top of the stack. I try to read books in series or trilogy's close together. If I really can't make up my mind though, then my husband picks one for me. He's actually gotten very good at picking out the perfect book for the mood I'm in at that moment. 

10. If you could only recommend one book to people for the rest of your life, which book would it be?
This one's hard, because I recommend different books to different people based on what their likes and dislikes are. A book that I've been recommending a lot lately though is Windwalker by Natasha Mostert. I loved it so much and it's so deep and I just really really enjoyed reading it. 

11. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A bear, because no one messes with a bear. haha. No, really I love bears, and to me I'd want to be one because they're so free and powerful, (and they get to sleep through the crappy months of the year!)

My Questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to read?
2. If you could meet any author who would it be and why?
3. Besides reading, what do you like to do with your spare time?
4. What is your favorite fictional world?
5. What is your favorite animal? Why
6. What is your favorite season? Why?
7. If you had a superpower, what would yours be?
8. Is the book always better than that movie?
9. How'd you first get into books and reading?
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
11. Do you prefer ebook or physical book? 

My Nominations:
Emily @ Mrs B's Books
Samantha @ Beyond My Bookshelf
Ashley @ Book 'n' Go


2 comments: