Thursday, July 4, 2013

Apocalyptic Organ Grinder (ebook) by William Todd Rose

I really wasn't planning on writing a post about this book, but seeing as how I've been so busy with other things lately, (mainly a mixture of Netflix and trying to get things ready for my wedding...mainly Netflix though) and haven't been reading much, I thought I would write a review on this.

This book was given to me by Netgalley when I signed up, and for awhile I really didn't plan on reading it. I know it's horrible to judge a book by it's cover without even taking a peak inside, but with a name like Apocalyptic Organ Grinder, I really didn't think this book would interest me, plus as much as I love paranormal stuff, I'm really not that into zombies.

I was really surprised, or well I guess more like shocked, at how well this short story was actually written and I did find myself enjoying it. It wasn't the typical zombie-apocalypse type story, but a story of a world with 2 types of people, those that are clean and unaffected by this disease, and those that are infected and are capable of spreading it.

I really liked how both sides are shown, and I think the author tries to point out that there is no right or wrong side, because each side just wants to be safe and happy.

Overall, I would recommend this short story if you're just looking for something not too long to fill your time. It really isn't a piece of work that's going to change your life, but it is enjoyable. There is some mild violence though, but honestly, it's an apocalyptic story, so what do you really expect, puppies and rainbows?

No comments:

Post a Comment