Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters #1) by Marie Treanor

*Provided by NetGalley and Marie Treanor for an honest review*

The first of a new vampire romance series, a sequel to the Awakened by Blood trilogy.

Mihaela, a fearless vampire hunter secretly haunted by loneliness and childhood tragedy, finds it difficult to adjust to the new world order where vampires are not always the bad guys. She's taking a much needed vacation in Scotland when she sees a little boy being chased through the streets of Edinburgh. Rescuing him brings bigger problems - two vampires from her past: Gavril, who killed her family; and the reclusive and troubled Maximilian, gifted Renaissance artist and one-time overlord of the most powerful undead community in the world. Maximilian once saved her life and now needs that favor returned. 

The earth moves for Mihaela in more ways than one. From Scotland to Budapest and Malta, she races against time to prevent a disastrous, vampire-induced earthquake and save an innocent yet powerful child – all while fighting a dreadful attraction to Maximilian, her only ally, whom she can’t afford to trust. For Maximilian, the hunter becomes a symbol of renewed existence, as he struggles to accept his past and rediscovers his appetite for blood and sex - and maybe even happiness.


I loved this book! I love paranormal romance and it's been so long since I read a book that held me as captivated as this. When I first started reading this book I planned on only reading a few chapters at first, just to get a feel for it, and ended up reading over half the book the first night!

I loved the characters of this, they felt real and had real problems, and their was an actual plot! Some parts of the book were pretty predictable, like Mihaela and Max falling for each other, but other than that I was surprised and captivated by the rest of the book. 

I loved that Mihaela is this kick-ass vampire hunter. I know I've said it before, but I love books with strong female characters. Max being an extremely sexy vampire didn't hurt the story either. ;) 

I really liked how the book developed, it was an interesting, action packed, kick-ass novel! 

I recommend this to anyone who enjoys vampire paranormal romance. 

*Be warned that this book does contain sex and violence*




No comments:

Post a Comment