Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Twigs by Alison Ashley Formento

*This book was received via NetGalley and Merit Press for an honest review.*

One pint-sized girl. Ten supersized crises. And it’s high noon. 

They call her “Twigs,” because she’ll never hit five feet tall. Although she was born early, and a stiff breeze could knock her over, Twigs has a mighty spirit. She needs it, as life throws a whole bucket of rotten luck at her: Dad’s an absentee drunk; Mom’s obsessed with her new deaf boyfriend (and Twigs can’t tell what they’re saying to each other). Little sister Marlee is trying to date her way through the entire high school; Twigs’ true love may be a long-distance loser after a single week away at college, and suddenly, older brother Matt is missing in Iraq. It all comes together when a couple of thugs in a drugstore aisle lash out, and Twigs must fight to save the life of the father who denied her. (Courtesy  of Goodreads)



I did not care for this book at all!!! I'm not even really sure how to give this book a review without being mean, because I really did not like it and wouldn't be one to recommend it.I found myself skimming over a lot of this, and that was just because I became so bored with the story. I really don't even know how I finished this, because before the first chapter was even over, I wanted to give up on this book, but I stuck with it hoping that it would improve. I also didn't really like the main character, Twigs, cause she was kind of rude and immature. I felt the writing itself was fairly odd as well and that the characters were kind of underdeveloped. I think that this work had so much potential, as the synopsis reveals. Overall this story was very anti-climatic and I was very, very disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment