Friday, December 6, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth






One choice can transform you, or destroy you.


Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. 






I kind of had a feeling that this book was going to end on a cliffhanger, seeing as how there's 1 more book in the trilogy, but I didn't see that ending coming! I like surprises though, and I can't wait to read the final book, Allegiant and hopefully finally go outside the fence and see what's out there! I'm so curious! Now I just need to cross my fingers and hope that Santa *(my husband)* brings me the final book for Christmas! 

Insurgent was full of action and very fast paced, way more fast paced then the 1st book, but it makes sense with the amount of stuff that happens in this book. It has to move fast, otherwise the book would have been a billion pages long and not very fun to read. This book is also full of emotional struggles and betrayal for Tris. Her life has been completely turned upside down, her faction is split, her parents are dead, and things are different and frayed between her and Tobias. 

I liked Tris in the first book, Divergent, but I loved her in this one. She's not perfect and she knows this, but she does the best that she possibly can to do what she feels is right for not only her, but for everyone else. Also, I like female characters that are tough and don't need to be saved all the time. 

And there's Tobias, aka Four, who I went back and forth with my feelings throughout this book. He's gorgeous so I guess that goes in his favor, but he annoyed me in this book for most of it with how he treated Tris. In his defense though, he was going through just as much emotional baggage as she was, so yeah, I guess I'll forgive him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment