Tuesday, September 17, 2013

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

I read this after I saw the City of Bones movie (which in my opinion sucked and wasn't even worth my time writing a review about it), but I feel it in a way shaped how I perceived this book.

This book has a much darker tone than the others, yet even though it's completely different from the other 4, it's also still the same.

In this book, Jace is under the control of Sebastian (Jonathan Morganstern) and no one knows what they're up to, but they all know that with Sebastian involved, it can't be good.

I feel like I'm getting tired of Jace and Clary...or well...maybe just Clary. I found myself more than once while reading this book thinking about how stupid Clary is, and I think if it weren't for all the other awesome characters, I would have given up on this series years ago.

I did enjoy reading more about Alec and Magnus, even if Alec is an idiot too. And even learning more about Isabelle and the Lightwoods was fun and interesting.

Overall though, I wasn't that impressed by this novel until the later half of it, but I am really looking forward to the 6th, and final, book! (although the 3rd book was supposed to be the final book, so I'm not holding my breathe haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment