Monday, March 11, 2013

The Host


Finally were in March and only 18 days away from the when The Host hits theaters!


I’ve been excited since I learned that they were making The Host into a movie, but it’s only been in the last week or so that my excitement went into overdrive, since it’s almost here!

For those of you that have never heard of The Host, it is a stand only novel by the best-selling author of the Twilight series, Stephanie Meyer. It’s the tale of a race of parasitic aliens that invade Earth and take over human bodies, erasing their memories (think along the lines of tale of the body snatchers) and the only way to tell if someone is human or alien is by their eyes, since the Souls (aliens) have luminous, silver circles around their pupils.

Now I know quite a few people…mostly men, who have groaned at the thought of another Stephanie Meyer book being made into a movie, but I keep having to reassure them that this isn’t Twilight! Haha! I feel that The Host is a far more well written book than Twilight with a far more interesting, if not just as captivating as Twilight, love story.

For now, I’ll just continue to wait and count down the days until this movie hits theaters, and hope that the film adaption of the book is true to its source. 


No comments:

Post a Comment